Friendship is a late night conversation,
A confession of sorrow,
A tear shed in unison,
An unwrapping of the soul,
An emptying of sadness,
A filling of serenity,
Four thousand miles apart.
It’s not the blunder that burns me
but the failure to face the force of gravity
when your body slams into the floor.
Coincidental circumstance, you contend.
But I see a haunting hubris deepening deception,
ruptured reality masking a mangled mind,
struggling to sustain fractured friendships,
cautiously covering mounting misery,
and sinking sorrow.
How corrupted is your conviction
in avoiding this addiction?
I am excited and honored to share that this blog has been nominated for The Beautiful Blogger Award, by the talented and accomplished writer, Shawn Jones. I highly recommend you visit her wonderful blog to fully experience her varied genres of work. To get you started here is an example, a poem which is as playful as it is rhythmic:
Here are the rules:
• Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in a post.
• Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Tell 7 things about yourself.
• Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.
7 fun facts about me:
1. I live in Lima, Peru.
2. When I’m not washing dishes, I play Spider Solitaire to relax.
3. I LOVE classical music, especially Mozart!
4. I used to want to be a doctor, until I discovered blood makes me woozy.
5. My daughters have me whipped.
6. I hate, detest, loath the poverty and injustice in this world. It leaves me hollow and breathless.
7. I believe in the power of prayer and leading by example.
The following bloggers truly inspire me and I encourage you to check out their extraordinary blogs:
Music runs through me
dripping adagio melodies from my fingertips
on to the page.
Jubilant vibratos vibrate from my core,
dreams move in dramatic crescendos
and hope in rippling horripilation.
This is my cadenza.
This is my chance.
Warm suds caress my hands softly,
releasing the tension of a long day.
Silence tickles my ears,
as I Iet the memories of the crying, the whining, the protests,
melt into darkness.
I savor the delicious cool night air,
as it drifts in and out of my lungs.
Peace floats around me,
seeping into my soul.
I am alone.